Please Note : MEDICAL EXAMINATION VENUE & DATE IS DISPLAYED WITH THE SEARCH RESULT
1. The selection process is subject to rules and regulations issued / mailed by General Manager, Eastern Railway and Ministry of Railway's (Railway Board, Government of India) which includes reservation of jobs for certain castes/ communities such as Schedule caste (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), other backward classes (OBC) etc.
2. Employment Notifications calling for applications from eligible candidates is published in News Papers of Zonal jurisdictions of Eastern Railway (comprising of Divisional Headquarters at Howrah, Sealdah, Asansol, Malda, and other workshops, extra divisional units in the territorial jurisdictions of Eastern Railway). Indicative notifications for the same is also published in the Employment news and two national dailies.
3. The time period given to apply in response to notifications is not less than 30 days. The applications received in the time period prescribed are scrutinized with reference to criteria published in the notification.
4. Schedule of Written examination is also published in News papers and employment news. Eligible candidates are informed of their date and centre of their examination by call letters
5. Centres of written examination are generally spread over entire Eastern Railway. Important Towns were examination is likely to be held are Howrah, Hooghly, 24 Pgs (North), 24 Pgs (South) and Central Kolkata. However, Eastern Railway can also tie-up with other Railways for providing centre(s) if the need so arises.
6. List of Candidates successful in the written examination is published in the newspapers, internet and successful candidates are also advised by post.
7. Successful candidates are then tested for Physical Efficiency as per criteria given in the Employment Notification, subject to modification by Ministry of Railway. Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is qualifying in nature.
8. Candidates declared successful in PET are then subjected to Medical examination of relevant category.
9. Final Panel is then formed as per merit, requirement applying reservation policies